On Tuesday, August 5, 2008, I will be a co-presenter at the following seminar:
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
THE LANNY D. LEVIN AGENCY, Inc.
DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLANS:
WHAT’S OLD IS NEW AGAIN – And Better Than Ever!
(3 hours CE credit approved for Illinois Insurance Producers)
Jerry Kalish, National Benefit Services, Inc.
Lanny D. Levin, CLU, ChFC, LANNY D. LEVIN AGENCY, Inc.
Some of the topics:
- Legal and IRS update on 412(i) Plans [now 412(e)(3)]
- Larger deductions for traditional defined benefit plans under new funding rules
- The “green light” given to cash balance plans by the Pension Protection Act
- How profit sharing/401(k) plans can be combined with cash balance defined benefit plans to leverage significant benefits for owners and highly compensated employees
- How life insurance fits into all three types of defined benefit pension plans
- Case histories
Coffee & Rolls at 8:00 a.m.
Class begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. (ends at 11:30 a.m.)
Oakton College Business Conference Center, Golf Road, Des Plaines (just west of I-294)